The core regiment of Dark Elf Warriors I started last year has been languishing close to completion for a while as I got distracted by the call of the necromancer. Now I’ve finally managed to paint the last three remaining figures to make a band of twenty.
There are a couple of elements I’ll go back to later on in the project before I can call it finished. There are some shields that don’t have emblems yet. I might rethink the design of the shields altogether and mix in more of the typical Dark Elf shapes that I used for two of the latest additions. I also kept their shield bosses, the one on the right came with the small demonic face that I didn’t want to lose.
I still want to find a replacement for the missing banner top as well. I’m waiting for the right flash of inspiration, which will probably come once I start delving a bit into the army’s backstory.